|The History of this ancient estate goes back to the middle of the 17th century, when, in 1650, Antoinette de Guillemotte, brought the land of 'Rochette' as her dowry to her husband, Pierre de Lafon, a Councillor in the Bordeaux Parliament. In common with many other bordeaux wine properties, it was not long before the essais took on the name of its owner, and became Château Lafon-Rochet
In spite of the French Revolution in 1789, the estate remained in the hands of this far-sighted family for more than two centuries. They did much for the reputation of its wines, and were duly rewarded by their inclusion in the 1855 Classification, one of only 5 estates from St-Estèphe to receive this honor.
In 1880, Madame Lafon de Camarsac died, after which the estate changed hands several times. When Guy Tesseron became the new owner in 1959, it was in serious need of restoration.
At this point began the renaissance of Château Lafon-Rochet, which in a few years, was to restore it to its former glory.
Having first put the vineyards back in to good order, Guy Tesseron turned his attention to the vinification buildings and the Château itself, which were all in a very dillapitated state. Judging them to be too far gone, he decided to build an entirely new Château in the Chartreuse style of the 18th century.
Inspired by this success, Guy Tesseron acquired an additional Classified Growth, Château Pontet-Canet in pauillac, in 1975. Guy runs both properties with the assitance of his two sons, Michel and Alfred.